Once I show and accountancy firm how to price more profitably and start charging for ALL the hard work they do, they quickly realise that they’re not charging their current clients enough.
And then they ask THE question….. “How can I go back to my existing clients and start charging them more?”
And what they really mean by that question is…
- What will my clients think of me when I ask them to pay more?
- How will that make THEM feel?
- What if they leave?
- How will that make ME feel?
So this week, I was on the receiving end of a majorish fee increase myself, which went from £500 a month to around £800 a month.
Now this is the equivalent of signing a decent new client for a lot of firms and I not only want to you know how it felt for me, but how easy it was for My Accountancy Place to do.
A Bit of Background
So a bit of background….
- I’m Director of My Accountancy Place and they provide the finance function for www.GoProposal.com
- My Account Manager was carrying out my quarterly (yes quarterly) fee review
- He was slightly nervous to tell me about my fee increase
- The meeting lasted no longer than 5 minutes for me to understand WHY I was being charged more AND… for me to agree to it
- And no…. I don’t get any family and friends discount (although I think I should 🙂
And so I thought it would be valuable to explain to you how that made me feel, as a client on the receiving end of this fee increase.
How many of your existing clients could you be giving more value to and helping them feel like I did? And….. what are you waiting for?